Creative Freelance UX/UI Designer, Director & Project Manager with over twenty years experience in developing engaging and innovative digital, print designs and strategies for clients in a broad range of industries. Highly adept at digital and visual strategy, layout development, branding, print, interface and new media advertising & emerging technology. Demonstrated success working in collaborative environments and providing leadership to design teams to conceptualize and execute effective user experience and interface design. Seeking freelance and employment opportunities helping clients achieve business development and business growth goals through forward-thinking user experience, graphic design, and strategy.
Brent is a UX/UI Design Director. He has worked with companies including Allied Telesis, Gates Foundation, BGC3, T-Mobile, Formative, JDA, Premera, Bluecross Blueshield, Symantec, Microsoft, Lifelock, Department of Energy, Blip.tv, McCain Institute and more. While he was at Allied Telesis his responsibilities included overseeing the UX and UI of Allied’s entire global web presence, managing video production projects, hiring agencies, designers and developers, and mentoring junior designers. While at Bluecross Blueshield he was responsible for a complete UX and UI redesign of their health and wellness product, Onlife Health – With an emphasis on new data visualization tools and building new iOS and Android mobile apps. Now freelancing, Brent’s expertise is in Interaction design, Android & iOS app design, user experience design, user interface design, typography, layout, color, web & mobile accessibility, art direction, logo and icon illustration, prototyping with invision, content organization, writing requirements & style guides documentation. He is skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, Sketch, Microsoft Office Suite, Invision, Axure, and Principle.
FOUNDER & UX/UI DIRECTOR
6/1/1998 – CURRENT
- Design & develop user-experience strategies based on usage data & focus group testing.
- Create innovative design packages to elevate and differentiate branding, marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Meet with clients to determine marketing and design vision, scopes of work, budgets and deliverable timeframes.
- Format designs and media for use in print and web applications; deliver production-ready graphics in HTML and CSS.
- Paginate four-color and black and white layouts, rescaled and cropped images using Photoshop, and compile client data into PDF formats; edited documents and layouts prior to publication and submission to a printer.
- Took and manipulated images for use in print and on the web to promote company offerings.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Axure, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to design, wireframe, prototype, edit files, footers and headers, captions, format text, insert images, manage file size, and export press-quality PDF files.
6/10/2016 – PRESENT
- Architect & design a complete UX/UI overhaul of alliedtelesis.com for implementation by the internal dev team
- Oversee design & development for the initial phase of implementation pre-launch of a new website.
- Oversee and coordinate production teams in the U.S. and abroad for ongoing updates to design and development on the web and in print.
MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, WA
- Direct and assist the customer experience team in developing a new style guide and UX patterns for a complete redesign of premera.com
- Collaborate with in-house designers, developers, marketing & content writers to establish a new flow and language for all online customer experiences.
- Establish processes for ratification and updates to the new style guide.
10/1/2014 – 12/31/2016
- Re-imagine & re-design online application interfaces to update & incorporate latest design patterns and technologies.
- Collaborate with in-house marketing & user testing team to develop new retention focused visuals & experiences.
- Designed new, on-brand visual elements focusing on updated messaging and brand.
- Complete overhaul of user experience, interface, reporting, and data visualization systems.
11/1/2011 – 10/1/2014
- Developed, revamped, and reformatted publications for print and online use.
- Formatted and color-corrected photographs for multi-medium usage.
- Developed and managed brand identities.
- Responsible for user experience, interface & architecture on small and large scale web applications
- Managed teams of designers & developers on multiple projects at once.
- Designed wireframes & prototypes for small and large scale web applications.
- Designed front and back-end interfaces for user interaction & system usage for promotional & application websites.